Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You need some medicine, and then it's off to bed!

February 15, 2011



I had a headache this morning.

Actually I had one all night.

I took three acetaminophen and jumped into the shower at 5.30 am.

But they didn't work.

Still, I ate my standard breakfast fare: fibre cereal with Balkan yogurt and coffee, still ignoring the headache.

Made lunches, made supper, did dishes, got dressed, took the hounds out, still ignoring that headache.

And the stomach cramps that appeared to sing harmony with the headache.

While driving the kids to school, my body was getting mighty tired of me ignoring it.

So it started to fight back.

Vehemently.

Instead of driving to the university, I drove home.

Cancelled classes, again, because it would appear I have either the flu or food poisoning.

My bet is on food poisoning.

I've had it before.

Know the symptoms.

Stephen gave all of us food poisoning when he served us uncooked and improperly washed fiddleheads.

The degree of vomiting and diarrhea was directly correlated to how many fiddleheads were consumed.

I consumed a lot.

Meaning I was really sick.

Today's encounter with food poisoning seems to have struck only me, leaving me to conclude that turnip left in the fridge for ten days shouldn't be eaten.

No matter how good it looks.

Or that it didn't possess any particular malodorous scent.

I feel plain and simple gross and yucky.

Not to mention pissed off and annoyed.

And whether or not I have to go to work tomorrow with a bucket hanging from my neck and two pairs of Depends covering my ample booty, I will be teaching tomorrow.

Count on it.






Our car will be repaired.

This means that the damages are less than 80% of the value of the car.

Very, very good news indeed.

Stephen had to sign some forms today and in the process was informed that while the car will be repaired, we won't be getting it back as soon as I had hoped.

March 14th at the earliest.

Now we have to see if the rental agency can provide us with a somewhat larger vehicle.

Not The Behemoth, but not the Little People Fiesta either.

Em keeps banging her head everytime she gets into the back seat, and Keith is tired of practicing yoga poses in the back seat.

Especially the pose where you cross your legs behind your head.






Back to the bathroom.


Title Lyric: On Being Sick by William H. Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment