Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whoa, it's too much work for me. . .

February 16, 2011



As I have said many times before, I am a creature of habit.

To the point where it may actually be unhealthy.

And if I ever have the time, it may be something I'll contemplate.

This morning, coffee brewing, dogs fed, Reilley given his daily dose of coffee cream, I go to the cupboard to retreive my Fibre 1 cereal.

Every morning I eat my cereal with balkan yogurt.

I don't really like milk, and the yogurt gives my morning fare crunch and substance.

Alas, there was no cereal in the cupboard.

Okay.

Fine.

I'll go the basement.

There's another box in our little cupboard that houses the overflow not deemed necessary to be upstairs by Stephen.

Searching through the cupboard, moving things aside, digging behind empty jars I keep for pickles and jams I intend to make, I find nothing.

Nada.

Not a box of fiber cereal to be found.

Well, this put me in a bit of a quandry.

What to do? What to do?

I had to resort to Plan B.

Black bread and organic peanut butter.

Something I enjoy, absolutely.

But I really wanted my cereal and yogurt.

And maybe I need to consider therapy for the rigidity of my habits.

Just maybe.






Stephen called the rental agency today to beg, plead, give away a child or three for a bigger car.

We'll know by the end of the day if they'll have anything.

If not, we'll continue to squeeze and squish ourselves into the Ford Fiesta.

And we still haven't figured out how to get the dogs in there.

Tikka isn't the problem.

Frankie, however, when excited has been known to drop a big, stinky load of poop in the back of the car.

In our car, we can live with this.

In a rental, ummm. . .not so much.

Especially a rental where the dogs could probably drive the car themselves, and there isn't room for a dog gate even if we wanted to put one in there.

Although the idea of putting in the dog gate and then the kids behind it has a certain level of appeal.






I am still struggling to catch up at work.

Marking, marking, marking, marking, and more marking.

300+ emails in my inbox that scream at me everytime I even go near my email.

Midterm coming up shortly.

Summer student funding application to be filled out.

Conference in May rushing at me like a freight train and me still not analyzing any data let alone writing a paper to present.

I need a 50 hour day and the ability to function on an hour of sleep.

Anyone know how that could happen for me?






Last evening, I asked Stephen if he would stop at a drug store and pick up some gravol.

My bout with food poisoning cleaned us out and I didn't want to take any chances if there happened to be a repeat performance.

He did exactly what I asked.

Brought me home gravol.

But this was a special version of gravol.

Suppositories.

Now what the hell am I supposed to with those???????



Title Lyric: Work by Hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment