Tuesday, April 5, 2011

He's turning 50 today!



April 5, 2011


HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY STEPHEN JOHN
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Today my bubbly hubby is 50 years old.

A milestone birthday.

If you ask Stephen, he's just happy he made it to 50.

I'd like to know what made him think he wouldn't.






For all my gripping about the weird things he does, things I don't understand and probably never will, Stephen is a wonderful man.

He came into my life when I needed him.

And when, I am certain of it, he did not need three kids, multiple pets and housecleaning phobic girlfriend.

Our time together has been like everyone else's: some bumps along the way that we didn't handle with grace or aplomb.

But for the most part, he is simply the best man I've ever met.

Caring.
Considerate
Compassionate
Intelligent
Funny
Learning to be resilient
Handsome

I couldn't imagine my life without him.






Stephen and I have been described by some as yin and yang.




In some ways completely different.

But in the ways that matter, on the same page all the way.

He has certainly forged his own path in life.

And while he appears as if he always concedes, always bends to the will of others, there is a stubbornness about Stephen that is unshakable.

You simply cannot make him do anything he doesn't want to do.

Believe me.

I've tried.

His belief system is solid. . .and he stands by what he considers important.

He has devoted his life and his academic pursuits to understanding how to approach issues through peace and non-violence.

He is doing his doctorate in conflict resolution.

Our family is an excellent and ongoing case study.

I am the Queen of Chaos.

Yin and yang, baby, yin and yang.






So, what was happening in 1961?

Stephen John Pidwysocky was born in Montreal.

John Diefenbaker was the Canadian Prime Minister

Tommy Douglas is elected leader of the newly formed New Democratic Party

Owls in the Family by Farley Mowat is published (I loved this book!)

Fidel Castro declares Cuba is to adopt Communism and bans free elections


US Cuban Exiles and CIA mount unsuccessful attempt to overthrow Castro known as the Bay of Pigs


John F. Kennedy inaugurated as President of the United States


President John F. Kennedy advises American families to build bomb shelters

President Kennedy asks Congress for $531 million to put a man on the moon

Construction of the Berlin Wall begins.



East German Authorities close the border between east and west Berlin






 
Popular Films


•The Guns of Navarone

•The Parent Trap

•The Absent-Minded Professor

•101 Dalmatians

•Breakfast at Tiffany's

•El Cid

•The Misfits

•The Hustler

•West Side Story



Popular TV


•Wagon Train

•Bonanza

•Gunsmoke

•Perry Mason

•The Red Skelton Show

•Andy Griffith

•Candid Camera

•My Three Sons

•Alfred Hitchcock Presents

•The Twilight Zone




Most popular recorded songs of 1961 in the US:


•Wonderland by Night Bert Kaempfert
•Will You Love Me Tomorrow The Shirelles
•Calcutta Lawrence Welk
•Pony Time Chubby Checker
•Surrender Elvis Presley



A very good year from my perspective!

Happy Birthday honey! I can't wait to experience the next 50 with you!



Title Lyric: She's Turning 50 Today by Reba McEntire

No comments:

Post a Comment