Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ain't no time for diets. . . .

February 1, 2012


It's a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Meaning I was able to sleep in until 6.15 am.


Oh the exciting life I lead!!!!!!!!!!!


And as it is Wednesday, Stephen is the one who has to get up and get ready for his 9.00 am class.


I don't have a class until 2.30.


Normally, I'd be doing something to celebrate my mini freedom.


Coffee with friends for example.


But because Monday was a day spent in bed trying to prevent my innards from being hauled out through my belly button with a crochet hook, I am a tad bit behind in my preparations for my three hour seminar class.


So while the snow falls on our front yard, I'll be sitting at the kitchen table, listening to the CBC and preparing for this afternoon's giggles.






And if it happens that I get through my material, and the weather isn't as bad as they are predicting, Stephen and I may take the hounds for a run to the farm.


Last night, they were so wound up before we took them out, we were in danger of losing our footing.


Fynn running into me with such force I almost went butt to floor.


So a daytime run, in the falling snow, frolicking and prancing, is just what the doctor ordered.


We'll see.


Like everything else during a New Brunswick winter, it's out of my hands.






Musical beds continues.


Last evening, rather than precariously perching herself atop the "Goblet Box" which rests on my dresser to ensure maximum viewage of the outside, and in particular the bird feeders, Goblet spent the night with Reilley in Em's room.


A development none could have predicted.


Stephen, of course, torn between wanting to return her to her homeland, and letting her enjoy the peace and quiet of Reilley's company.


And of course, there is the food issue.


Goblet is supposed to eat weight management food only.


In her world, that translates into an all day, all night buffet of lite food.


And she makes the best of it, believe me.


In Em's room, she can nosh on food made to assist in the weight gain process.


As Reilley has not been blessed with Goblet's expansive girth.


Which means, as Stephen put it, "She's in there eating Reilley's high fat food."


To which I replied, "Stephen. It's cat food. She's not in there chowing down on bacon strips and cheese burgers."


But I don't doubt that for a second if she could, she would. 


As would Stephen.






Title Lyric: Ain't No Time for Diets by Janey Clewer

No comments:

Post a Comment