Monday, January 2, 2012

You wanna hang out with me?

January 2, 2012




Looking through the latest additions of www.watchseries.eu to find Sherlock, Season 2, episode 1 ready and waiting for me.


Yes, please. 








Today life begins it's return to Back to Business.


Stephen has a dentist appointment this morning.


Shops are open.


Stopping by my office to collect the necessary items to prepare for classes next week.


Em downtown to set up an appointment for a new tattoo.


And, the family dinner.


Postponed from yesterday because of poor road conditions.


Not so much here.


But definitely in the outer regions of the province where my brother resides.


Here's hoping everything comes together today.


The holiday's won't be complete without the requisite family dinner.


Homemade turkey pot pie.


My brother bringing something decadent for dessert.


I could use some decadence.


A lot, actually.












Also on today's agenda: the SPCA.


I can't ignore it any further.


Frankie isn't fairing well.


Still not eating regularly.


Crying frequently.


Following me incessantly.


That isn't too much out of the ordinary, but the incessant following coupled with the dour countenance and the crying is disconcerting.


Stephen and Emily made the initial foray to the SPCA last week.


I couldn't go.


I'm not sure I can go today, but it's no longer a matter of can I.


Have to is closer to the mark.


Em and Stephen did identify a potential choice.


A lab mix.


11 months.


A lot more people friendly than Frankie.


Of course, most dogs are more people friendly than Frankie.


I have agreed to meet this dog today.


Perhaps take him for a run with Frankie to the farm.


Assess how well they connect.


At this point, Frankie would most likely get along with anyone who provided him companionship and entertainment.


Jasper is exhausted from trying to provide the kind of companionship Frankie requires.


How much can one less-than-a-year-old kitten manage?




The issue isn't whether or not I'm willing to get a new dog.


I'm always willing.  


Ready is the question.


Me and Frankie.








Stephen, Frankie and I made our first trip to the farm.


Without Tikka.


Dark, low ceiling, streets lights bouncing off the cloud cover, making the night not as dark as it would be with clear skies.


Frankie free of grief for a few moments as he gamboled through the ice covered fields, engaging in his usual tomfoolery, chasing the invisible, slipping on the ice.


Stephen and I moving in the fields as well.


The usual pathway so slick with ice walking on it was more than I was willing to risk.


Being as naturally clumsy as I am.


And not wanting to bring in the new year with any broken limbs or bruised body parts.


We decided the farm would be one of those places where we would scatter a few of Tikka's ashes.


She loved going there.


Last night was the first time I had ever been there without her.


So naturally, it was difficult.


More than a few tears shed as we stood in the middle of the fields, Stephen holding on to me as I cried into his coat. 


Wishing more than ever that she was there, walking behind us at her own pace, Frankie running back and forth between her and us. 


The other place, when spring arrives and things dry up, is Mactaquac.


Until then. . . . 




Title Lyric: New Friend by No Doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment