Friday, December 2, 2011

You wear dresses that never fade. . .

December 2, 2011



After much deliberation, I have come to a decision about the latest student debacle.


I am not allowing the easy way out to be the solution.


As an undergraduate student, I carried a full course load while raising three children under the age of 5, one of whom was a newborn, and I did as many part time academic jobs as I could find.


Besides, what's the use of having standards if you don't apply them?


















Last night I was desperate for a laugh.


And as always, I can count on Stephen to provide what I need when I need it.


We were watching Just for Laughs Gags, probably Stephen's all time favourite program. 


Knowing how excited he gets watching it makes watching him far more entertaining than watching the program.


So under the guise of taking a picture, I recorded him watching this program. 


I suspect I'll be watching this video repeatedly over the next couple of weeks as I slog through papers rife with incorrect spelling, poor sentence structure, and indicative of the over inability of people to follow directions.





I may have to make more videos!









Today is Em's first visit to Nobility Designs: http://www.nobilityclothing.com/

A design house owned by Natalie Noble with whom I went to highschool.

When Em stated talking about her prom dress, fear shot through my heart.

I am good at a lot of things.

Prom dresses, any dresses, girly things for that matter, render me almost useless. 

Hence why I thought it would be a good idea to take her to a professional, someone who could make for Em exactly what she wanted, how she wants it, no issues, no concerns.

We're going halves on it.

So Em is not only getting exactly what she wants, she is going to help pay for it.

I can't wait to see it.

Knowing Em, it won't be anything like what anyone else has ever worn.

Because that's my baby!




Title Lyric: Dresses by Sixpence None the Richer

No comments:

Post a Comment