Thursday, December 15, 2011

My superhuman might. . .Kryptonite. . .

December 15, 2011




Ten days before Christmas.


If I could be excited, I would.


But the piles and piles of paper before me are the best kryptonite for excitement I've ever encountered.


I need to consider a shield or some sort of prophylactic.


Perhaps there's something at Warehouse 13 I could use.


















In spite of all my whinging and whining about Christmas, I do have to acknowledge when kindness and Christmas spirit is right in front of me.


After forgetting my bank card, and sending Stephen home to retrieve it, I took Mum to Starbucks for a coffee break.


I needed one.


Desperately.


While taking Mum's coat off, I remarked that I couldn't believe I had left my bankcard in my other coat pocket. 


Afterwards, I was on my way to order coffee, I was called over to the table of an older couple who asked if I needed money to purchase my mother's coffee.


Touched.


I was so touched.


I thanked them profusely and then told them that before I sent my hubby home to collect my bank card, I stripped him off all his cash.


At least enough for coffee and a nibblie for my mother. 


Warmed the cockles of my heart. 


















And now back to our regularly scheduled programming: marking. 


On every station until the last grade is posted. 


I gotta get better cable.








Title Lyric: Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down

No comments:

Post a Comment