Friday, June 17, 2011

You're not gonna reach my telephone. . .

June 17, 2011


Summer mode has finally been achieved.

I woke up at 6.45 am and didn't know what day it was.

Let the summer commence!






All exams have been written and at this moment, my Emily is warm and snug in her bed.

Very different from her being in the shower, or sitting beside me telling me how much she doesn't want to go to school.

Quieter, too.

She is confident about every subject except math.

So we're keeping everything crossed for that one.






It's been a movie going couple of days.

My kind of days indeed.

Wednesday Em and I saw Super 8.

Think E.T. meets District 9.

It was a very good movie, just not as good as all the hype I heard. 

Which usually means another viewing is in order to assess my less than stellar perspective about a film that is garnering much attention.

Yesterday Keith and I bonded over X-Men.

Absolutely amazing!

THAT is a movie I'd see again just because it was so good.

But it wouldn't matter what movies I watched, so long as I was with the kids, all was good.

Now I'm hoping to see the very easy on the eyes Ryan Reynolds in The Green Lantern with Mer on Sunday.

Three kids, three movies. . . .no paying for tickets. . . .I can live like this.

Yes I can.






Yesterday was all about doing things with the kids.

Em won a $25.00 gift card to Relish, so we went there for lunch.

Couple this with the Father's Day feast coming Sunday and I may have some major worries for Monday morning's weigh in.

Or I'll just have to behave myself on Sunday.

After lunch Em chauffeured me around Fredericton in her car.

We stopped at work, then the law library.

I admit, I am liking being driven around.

Perhaps too much.






Home for 15 minutes and then off for mother-daughter time with Mer before she had to work.

We had a good time.

My evidence?

After 20 minutes no one wanted to leave.

She ate KFC, I drank coffee, we chatted.

Making time with Mer is important to me.

We have to figure out how to love one another. . .

. . .the easy part. . . .

and be able to be constructive parts of one another's lives.

A bit harder.

We're simply too similar.

We both need to experience things.

Telling us it isn't going to work, or something is a bad idea, just doesn't work.

Knowing this doesn't make life any easier, though.

It would be nice if it did.

We also both believe we are always right.

Only for one us is that an actual truth.







Plus Mer is living in a state of cellphoneless until she can pay her bill.

That was my doing.

She understood.

No tantrums.

No over the top freak outs.

Just as I'm sorry for putting you in this situation.

Nonetheless, it's hard for both of us.

I can't get in touch with her except through Facebook.

It reminds me of times when I would ground her and along with punishing her, I was punishing me.






If Em isn't in school this morning, how come I am up at 6.45 am?

Because I woke up.

Because Frankie's bladder was singing Ave Maria very loudly.

Because Stephen had shuttled me to the very edge of the bed where I awoke clinging for my life and seconds away from falling into a not so comfortable pile of books.

And because I have to meet my dad at 8.00 am at the place where he takes his car for it's annual stem to stern cleaning.

Inside and out.

His car must remain at the car cleaning place until 3.00 pm.

Far too long for him to have to hang around.

So I'm driving him home and then picking him up later to collect his car.

The easier solution would have been for him to come here.

Which wouldn't be a problem except for one thing.

Frankie.

And that Stephen and I both have to be on campus today.

Meaning the kids would have to reign in our catastrophic canine while Dad was here.

Um, no.

Leaving Frankie in his crate and my dad in the living room for 7 hours just doesn't seem like the nicest of things to do.






And there were some pre-Father's Day covert ops at the mall last evening, before the movie.

I wonder, I wonder?



Title Lyric: Telephone by Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment