Monday, June 13, 2011

Gotta bump the exam papers. . .blow them all away. . . .

June 13, 2011


The high today, 12 degrees.

It is June, right?????

I took the dogs out for their morning relief in my standard pjs and slippers get up, and my body went into shock when the cold morning air engulfed it.

What the hell is this all about???????






Know what I did yesterday?

Nothing.

Or as very little as possible.

Tired, worn out, no energy, I spent time in bed reading, sleeping, I blogged while I had my breakfast of cereal and blueberries with my standard venti sized cup of coffee, I thought about gardening, I read and slept some more. . . .

And it would appear that a slow, lackadaisical day would be the norm until I logged into Netflix and found the fifth season of Waking the Dead was available.

A BBC production.

British crime drama.

The perfect means of perking up a slow, dreary Sunday.

But I couldn't just sit in front of the computer and watch television.

I had to justify my inertia.

So I started reading a textbook I am considering for my Advanced Qualitative class.

Taking notes.

Working, it would seem.

And I didn't even plan to.

Funny how lazy can become productive with the mere additional of a British crime drama.






And the remainder of the day was just as exciting.

My grandmother on my mother's side left me her silver tea service.

It is stunning.

But it's silver and as we know, over time, with exposure to air, silver tarnishes.

And it can be a bitch to clean.

Given the turn of the day, it seemed appropriate to try a little science experiment a la Kim and Aggie.

Tinfoil in the bottom of a bucket, baking powder added to the bottom of the tinfoil, add the silver and then the key ingredient.

Boiling, and I mean boiling hot water.

Make absolutely certain the silver is in direct contact with the tinfoil.

Voila!

Tarnish disappears!

Not however, without a bit of stinky smelling gas created from the tarnish, tinfoil, baking soda

All those hours I spent as a kids polishing that set, teapot, coffee pot, sugar bowl, creamer, another silver bowl whose purpose I've never been able to ascertain, and the tray itself.

I knew I should have paid more attention in chemistry.






I was so excited by our silver polishing experiment that I was late getting to the nursing home.

No Antiques Roadshow or All Creatures Great and Small aired last evening, leaving Mum and I to watch Matt Damon in The Rainmaker.

I'd forgotten Mickey Rourke was in this film.

And that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

After taking her meds, but before she became so tired she couldn't remember anything, she reminded me to make reservations at The Diplomat for Father's Day.

In fact, she called while I was on my way to the nursing home, because remember, I was late, to make sure that reservations were made.

I was so distracted during Mother's Day that I was late in trying to make reservations at the Dip, which is where my parents always want to go. . .

 . . .and the Dip is fine, I like it, but it isn't the only restaurant in Fredericton. . . .

. . . so we ended up at The Garrison, which was lovely.

Lots of room for Mum's wheelchair.

But my father wants The Diplomat's Chinese buffet for Father's Day.

And luckily for all of us, he'll get it.

I was able to get a reservation for 4.00 pm.

Early, I know, but the only other options were 6.00 or 8.00.

Six pm wouldn't work because my mother is so regimented to eat at 5.00 that if she eat after that, she gets anxious.

And by eight pm, she's already been medicated.

So four o'clock next Sunday it is.

And if past family dinners are any indication, it should be as exciting and frustrating as always.

On the upside, they are having a lobster buffet.

My dad will be in heaven and too busy eating to stir things up.






Em starts her final exams this morning.

Biology and then after lunch, history.

This is going to be a long week.

Good luck Bunny!!!!!!!



Title Lyric: Bump the Exams from High School Musical

No comments:

Post a Comment