Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sometimes the system goes on the blink. . .

January 10, 2012




How do I know it's the first day of classes?


Hmmmm. . . .


1. Stephen was dead to the world this morning because he was up late working and therefore unable to wake up to drive Em to school so I couldn't leave the house early, thus nullifying my desire to come into the office by 7.00 am to ensure enough time to prepare for today's classes, as was previously planned.


2. I was almost sideswiped on my way to Starbucks, after dropping Em off at school, or as she refers to it, "the rotting hell that consumes my life."


3. At the Starbucks counter I happen to glance in my purse and am struck with the realization that I don't have my office keys because Em was working on a project in my office last evening and upon her return home, forgot to put them back in my purse, prompting a phone call to her inquiring about my keys and a drive back to the "rotting hell" to collect them from her.


4. So preoccupied with getting my keys, I leave Starbucks without putting the requisite cream and two sweeteners into my coffee, thus forcing me to steal someone's coffee cream from the 3rd floor fridge, and replace the sweetener with actual sugar, so now I can feel my heart racing and I am worried about how this excess energy may manifest itself in my ten am class. 


5. In my office, I am confronted with an 8x11 purple piece of paper upon which Em has written in bold, black marker, "Mum, read my unfinished essay -- psych phobias. It sucks, just so you know. Feel free to ADD anything. Love you, Em :)" Because I have time to rewrite Em's paper. 


6. I read on People's website that Kevin Bacon's dog died which reduces me to a sobbing mess ten minutes before my class begins. 




And it's not yet 10.00 am.


Good thing supper is already prepared. 


I don't know if I would trust myself near any heat sources. 






Title Lyric: Bad Day by Daniel Powter

No comments:

Post a Comment