Saturday, December 31, 2011

I am putting this love for you out there. And it will not be bound by time.

December 31, 2011




And the marking is finished.


Grades entered.


Email to students reminding them that I am not willing to discuss their grades with them until we return to classes.


In theory, this would imply that I am done working until classes being.


Theory and reality are two very different beasts.


I might take a nap, but after that, it's back to the computer to prepare for next term.


No rest for the wicked. 


















In an effort to get out of the house and to keep the marking train moving, I went to Starbuck's yesterday for a few hours.


Marked several papers.


And then took a break.


Treated myself to a little browsing through Chapters with the gift cards I accrued over the holidays.


Resulting in two new purchases.


The latest Alan Bradley book, I am Half-Sick of Shadows, detailing the trials and tribulations of 11 year old Flavia Deluce, whose been described as a cross between Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie. http://www.flaviadeluce.com/


And the book that won the Man Booker Prize,  Julian Barnes A Sense of an Ending.


New books.


Good books.


Just what I need to escape the reality of my painful, everyday world. 


















Frankie is so sad and despondent.


We may have to get him a companion sooner than we would have ever contemplated in a similar situation.


I don't know how I feel about it, but I do know that Frankie is not Frankie and I won't lose another pet over pride.


My fear: that people will think we're trying to replace Tikka.


Anyone who knew Tikka would know that there is no way that could ever happen.


She is irreplaceable.


If I had my way, it would be Frankie and the Four Cats.


A rock band like no other.


But Frankie is my baby boy.


He is here.


And I need to care for him.


If that means a trip to the SPCA to locate a friend for Frankie, than so be it.


Pride or not.


Nothing will heal the black hole in my soul.


No matter how kind, how cute, how friendly, how adorable.


I miss my baby girl so much.


















Tomorrow is the beginning of a new year.


The last one has been a doozy.


I am actually a bit anxious about what could happen in the next 365 days.


As it would appear that as much as I want to think I have control over all that happens, I am   not in possession of the kind of control I think I have.


That I'd like to have. 


So who knows what the next year will bring.


The best would be nice.


But we'll see.


Happy New Year everyone.


Stay safe. 






Title Lyric: by Jamie Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment