Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pictures of lily made my life so wonderful. . .

July 20, 2011


Behemoth One, Two and Three are still operational.


Apparently, the contractor called yesterday and this morning but there's so much bloody noise here, we can barely hear each other.

Stephen just called him.

He'll be here within the hour and hopefully he'll take his heat-creating evil monstrosities with him.






Last evening was nice and cool.

I was tense and antsy.

Perfect time for some relaxing picture taking.

So I did.

Wandering around my neighbourhood, I came across some of the most beautiful lilies I've ever seen.











I could stare at these all day.

Honestly.

And not just individual lilies.

Clusters of them.








While I was taking pictures of flowers, I heard a strange sound over my head.

And this greeted me when I looked up.






A woodpecker.

I can't believe I actually managed such great pictures.

After taking all the pictures, something close to 175, I felt much better.

Calmer.

Who knew picture taking could be so relaxing.






The contractor was just here.

In fact, Em and I passed him as she was driving to work.

I grabber her phone, called Keith and said,

We just passed the contractor. Get Frankie in his crate. AND TELL STEPHEN TO GET SOME PANTS ON!!!

He was still when I arrived back home.

Behemoth 1, the dehumidifier, has been turned off.

Behemoth 2, one of the fans, has been turned off.

Behemoth 2, the blower, is still on.

And, it would seem that along with repainting the living room, the entire ceiling will have to be replaced, because he doesn't think they can match the pattern on our ceiling.

Considering the one-day-when-I've-been-removed-feet-first-from-this-house-resale of this house by the kids, I am not having an unmatched ceiling.

This house is our only investment.

The floor has bubbled from the moisture.

My just-put-in-last-year floor.

Although that may just be a matter of taking some floor out and installing new pieces from the box of unopened laminate in the basement.

I certainly hope so.

They begin the process of reconstruction tomorrow morning.

8.15 am.

Stephen will not be easy to get moving at that time of day.

In fact, I'll probably be the one doing the meeting and greeting.

This evening, after supper, we'll remove all the furniture and stuff from the walls of one section of the living room to the other.

None of this worries me at all.

Frankie, however, is another matter.

Perhaps a trip to Mactaquac for Frantic Frankie and Miss Tikka will be in order.

Couldn't hurt Stephen either.

He's been pretty housebound since all of this started on Monday.

And a housebound Stephen results in a VERY difficult to live with Stephen.






Today, our last of freedom before the reconstruction of the living room and office, was planned as a Mum and Pookie Day Out long before this nightmare began.

We're doing lunch, perhaps a hair cut for Keith if Norma-the-greatest-hairdresser-in-the-world-at-Klub-Soda if a walk-in is possible, and then a movie.

Transformers 3.

Keith has been working so much the last couple of weeks that he's not seen it yet.

So this is what we'll be doing.

Before the in-house lock down begins.



Title Lyric: Pictures of Lily by The Who

No comments:

Post a Comment