Friday, July 29, 2011

If you want to go out, if you want to go out. . .

July 29, 2011


Waiting for the contractors.

However, this morning at 7.45 am there was a phone call confirming that they would be arriving around 8.30 this morning.

Hallelujah!!!!!!

Maybe by the end of the day we'll have a new ceiling up and will be able to at least sit on the couch and watch television during the long weekend.

Providing a brief interlude to our kitchen confinement.






THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!

THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!

THEY'RE ACTUALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Working.

Crashing.

Banging.

Drilling.

Other noises I can't identify and I'm not sure I want to.

Frantic Frankie freaking out upstairs, with Stephen.

Who is trying to sleep.

Music to my ears.






These renovations are causing ripples in the placidity of my everyday life.

Well, bigger ripples amid the smaller everyday ripples of my everyday life.

For example, I missed an appointment for bloodwork yesterday morning.

Because I was sitting here waiting for contractors to arrive.

And waiting.

And waiting.

Meaning I will have to approach my doctor, tail between my legs, asking her if she can please, please, please, reschedule this bloodwork for me.

I want my life to return to my normal.

May not be perfect, but it's mine.








I spent several glorious hours in the library yesterday.

Starbucks coffee, ipod, book, pen and highlighter as my only companions.

Peace and quiet.

Lots of reading accomplished.

Articles mined from bursting bibliographies.

And then, when my brain could take no more, and my stomach was protesting its bleak emptiness, I headed to my office for lunch.

Eating, meeting with my research assistant, printing off those mined articles.

It was a glorious afternoon.

I am SO easy to please.






Returning home to Stephen getting ready to leave for a meeting.

Em hanging up her laundry before she engaged in her before work beautification regimes.

While she hung her lazing around the house pants, her work pants, her overpriced Aerie shirts and less than half her underwear collection, I relaxed, lounged, stretched out in a deck chair, watching, talking and joking with her.

She wanted to toss her undies in the dryer.

But my no-dryer-until-November-or-you-will-have-to-sleep-with-one-eye-open policy put paid to that request quickly.

So up went her Aerie purchased panties to dry in the summer breeze..

Whether she liked it or not.

And just the same as the rest of us mere mortals who also have to hang our gotch on the clothesline.

We caught up, as the last couple of weeks we've been slightly disconnected with her work schedule, my attempt to work amid the construction chaos with the resulting confinement doldrums.

Which hasn't exactly made me a chipper bunny the last couple of weeks.

But I am trying.






During our laundry/lounging period, we made plans for today.

Em works a double tomorrow, a double Tuesday, as well as single shifts Sunday and Monday.

So today is a Mummy-Emily date day.

And me with no camera to record it.

No pictures to post.

First, she is schlepping me to my doctor's office.

In her car.

A result of the new provincial government policy dictating that prescription refill requests can only happen in person through a doctor's appointment.

No more calling up and just asking for another six months for my meds.

Next, lunch at M&T.

Then, a secret errand.

One I've been planning for a while.

But am just now putting into place.

Whose purpose will be revealed at a later date.

Perhaps a movie. . . Crazy, Stupid Love maybe.

Who knows other what wild and wacky shenanigans we'll be getting up to this afternoon.

Who knows. . . .






Title Lyric: Going Out by Supergrass

No comments:

Post a Comment