Friday, February 25, 2011

You dress as if it was the 1970s, You say "Far out man". . .

February 25, 2011


Siruis satellite radio is beginning to give me a seriously big headache.

Stephen loves it!

And that is an understatement.

The station is ALWAYS set to the 70s on 7.

The ONE time it was changed, by Keith or me I think, Stephen comes in from an outing and exclaims,

"The radio is broken! It isn't on the 70s and I can't figure out how to get it back so it's ruined!"

Drama.

Everywhere I turn.

I informed him that it was not broken.

The station had been changed.

One does that with radios sometime.

Especially when one does not enjoy the station the radio is playing at the moment.

I've just never had a penchant for 70s music.

One, I was too young to understand the appeal.

Two, whenever I hear it, all I can think about is a lot of drugs and free, open sex.







Emily is picked up afterschool but before work yesterday by Stephen who drops her off at my office before heading for his class.

She comes bearing gifts. . .a thermos of hot coffee for her exhausted mother.

And intel.

After the customary hi Mum and so on, she then says with complete seriousness in her voice,

"The weirdest music was playing in the car when Stephen picked me up. Some sort of bizarre synthesizer thing."

Um.

The signs are pointing in all the same direction.

Stephen is going to experience some serious or sirius withdrawl when we take the Fiesta back to the rental agency.

At some point in the next three weeks.

Leaving me with only a couple of options.

A 12 step program.

Or the purchasing of the satellite radio monopoly for installation into the Ford Focus.

But not until some ground rules are established.

Primarily that listening to the 70s on 7 is not something that will be a given, a constant, something assumed to happen.

And then figuring out where the good music is so I can ensure as little bleeding from the ears as possible.







Apparently, we are supposed to get somewhere between 35-45 cm of snow today.

Of course we are.

Em has to work.

Stephen and I are going to the Community Kitchen.

Em will have to be picked up from work.

The storm is set to begin sometime around noon.

And really pick up around 3.00 pm.

And we are still without snow tires.

I supposed the upside is that we won't have to replace our snow tires next winter as planned.

A six week hiatus from driving is one means of stretching out your tire wear.

Bring on the snowshovels!




Title Lyrics: 1970s by Abefeldy

No comments:

Post a Comment