Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can you pay my telephone bills?

November 23, 2011


One very special way to wake up and start the day is to open your email than your Telus e-bill to see your balance is $2117.58.

Because if you're not awake by then, you will be as your brain processes exactly how much money that is.

And then as it processes how the hell it happened in the first place.

That's the real question.

What happened?









A few minutes into reading the 22 page e-bill revealed what happened.

And that, thankfully, it had nothing to do with me.

Or any of the other members of my phone plan.

PHEW!!!!!!

When I made the arrangements to have Mer's phone un-suspended, the person on the other end of the phone failed to reinstate Mer's unlimited texting and data usage.

I wish I could say I wasn't surprised.

I really do.

But previous experiences with people whose sole responsibility is troubleshooting issues over the phone day in and day out has resulted in a less than glowing understanding of their abilities to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s.

In this case that meant that every. single.text. sent to and received by Mer during this time period accrued a charge.

Resulting in about $1400.00 worth of texting.

That's a lot of texting.

Making me wonder about the content and substance of all those texts.

Of course, the real issue is how to ensure Telus saw things my way.

They would, that wasn't an issue.

How long it would take and how loud I'd have to get was the unknown.









Thankfully, they did see things my way.

Removed the charges.

And I didn't even have to raise my voice.

There was one outstanding issue, however.

Mer's continued use of additional minutes.

$230.00 worth to be exact.

And I think that she and I have that sorted out.

I hope.

Because between Telus and Mer, I don't know how much more I can handle.

At least cell phone wise.

I am starting to agree with Stephen that these cell phones are the bane of our existence.









Once the astronomical phone bill started the day there was nothing much I could do but go to work.

At 6.30 in the morning.

All that adrenaline had to be put somewhere.

Into student papers and preparations for classes it went.

But by 4.00 yesterday afternoon, my last class, I was at the end of my reserves.

Making that class one of the longest 75 minutes I had ever taught.

The end of term can't come fast enough.

It really can't.




Title Lyric: Bills, Bills, Bills, Bills by Destiny's Child

No comments:

Post a Comment