Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yet another Wednesday of things I haven't done. . .

May 4, 2011




I survived Monday's chaos.

And Tuesday's decisions, decisions, decisions.

Some of which were much harder than others.

And others that will have real repercussions if people can't be honest with me.

We'll have to see what happens in the very near future.

Times like this I wish I had ultimate control over the universe.






Settling into the Intersession routine has happened without too much difficulty.

At least for me.

Stephen and the kids. . .well, that's another story.

The day is packed, and there are not enough hours for me to get done what needs to be done, or see who has to be seen.

9.00-11.20 in the morning.

1.00-4.00 in the afternoon.

Sometimes meetings during the 11.30-12.50 break between classes.

Meetings with students at the end of the day.

Home.

By 6.00 if it's a good day.

Husbands, kids, dogs, dinner. . .

Maybe, just maybe a half hour to watch the news or just sit on the couch and do nothing before going to bed, reading for a bit and then falling asleep usually before finishing the first page.

I always forget how demanding intersession is. . .both physically and emotionally.

I don't even have the energy for yoga.

Shocking, I know.

Maybe tonight if I can get home before 5.00.

Because, of course, I am still marking my 1006 papers and exams.

Of course I am.

Plus I insist on reading through my honours student's thesis one more time before it goes for binding.

Or maybe get Stephen to do it.

Hmmmm. . . . .fresh eyes. . .

That may be a plan.

Bottom line. . . .I am holding on until June.
With my finger nails.





Crime and Film this afternoon.

The Postman Always Rings Twice.

John Garfiled and Lana Turner.

Yesterday was Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger in In the Heat of the Night.

I do love this class.

No matter how tired I am at the end of the day.


Title Lyric: It's Already Wednesday by Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment