Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yoga. . . .now I'm feeling fantastic. . . .

March 16, 2011


Just when I think that there may be some peace in the valley. . . .

. . . a tornado of epic proportions hits.

Creating a wake of destruction and frustration in it's midst.

One full night into morning getting ready with peace and quiet, tranquility and patience.

One.

All I'm asking.

Or at least wait until I've had my first cup of coffee.

Really.

It's not too much to ask.






Yoga was wonderful!

If peace and tranquility cannot reign in this house, then I will ensure it reigns in me.

I thought I'd be really sore this morning, but so far, I was able to get up and go to the bathroom without feeling my muscles scream at me like the shrieking violins in Psycho.

Not to say there isn't the potential for some pain tomorrow.

Apparently, there is.

But I am going to err on the side of positive and just bask in the feeling-goodness I'm experiencing right now.

And it did bring peace and tranquility to mind and body!

At the same time, I did move my body in ways it hasn't moved in a long time.

If ever.

Stretching muscles that have never been stretched.

Moving in ways that made my body sit up and say, "WTF??"

But the relaxed feeling I had afterwards. . . . .

I may have to do yoga several times a day at the rate things are going.






I admit, I was a bit nervous.

Not knowing what to expect can do that.

I wasn't even certain I'd be able to get up and down off the floor.

And this one pose, where you plant your hands on the mat, and then stand, creating a V. . .

. . .my ghetto bootay in the air, looking more like a U. . . .thankfully no one could see as a result of having their own asses stuck up in the air. . . .

I was certain this would be the pose where my body would would resolutely cross arms and say uh-uh, like a petulant toddler.

But, I was wrong.

My body complied.

Although I know it was thinking if we tip over there is gonna be some damage done in here!

I now possess a heightened awareness of just how poor my posture is.

And that the warrior pose is my favourite.

We moved to the sitting poses, and I was thinking, yeah! Sitting!

I know how to do that.

I have never sat like that before.

But again, to my surprise, I did it.

Not as well or as graceful as the yoga instructor, but it was done nonetheless.

I cannot wait for next week.

Really.

I can't.

I may have to do some poses here.

Where no one has to witness by butt in the air, and I don't have to worry if I accidentally fart.






And. . . . . .

WE ARE GETTING OUR CAR BACK THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as we have finished teaching our 9.00 am classes, we are off to Dana's Collision to pick up our 2006 Ford Focus station wagon with dog gate.

I.

Can't.

Wait.

Stephen vacuumed the Fiesta Monday, attempting to rid it of all the dog hair.

Dog hair = $100.00 charge we have to cover as opposed to the insurance company.

Dog hair on car fibre is like newspaper to paper mache glue.

Sticks.

Fiercely.

A full hour of Ellie the 1987 Electrolux's services were required in order to rid the car of it's furry fare.

Since then, there have been no unleashed promenades for the dogs.

As no one wanted to spend another hour vacuuming the car.

Least of all Ellie.

Consequently, there was another symbol of the dog's displeasure with our no-unleashed-walks-policy-until-we-get-our-car-back.

More a symbol of Frankie's displeasure.

Another cold pile of dog sh** on the mat this morning.

Which was the catalyst for the morose and miserable morning we've had so far.

Frankie.

He knows how to wield his power.

But today, when I FINALLY get home from work. . . .

. . . because it is going to be a long day. . . .

I am packing the hounds into the Ford, behind the dog gate where there is enough hair to build a couple of shih tzus, and taking them for a run.






Hopefully.

Footwear may be an issue.

Stephen gave away my sneakers to the Salvation Army.

A nasty habit he's developed.

If it isn't used in a week, it's gone.

Lucky for me yoga is done barefoot.



Title Lyric: Yoga by Bjork

No comments:

Post a Comment