Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Found a photo of our memory. . .

February 2, 2011



Em has to go back to school this morning.

I can sympathize with how she's feeling. . .the not wanting to go, the worries over trying to get back into the routine.

But she has to go, because I have to go.

Having said that, we are supposed to be getting 25 cms of snow today, so she is getting out two hours early.

I teach until 5.30. It's a once a week class. Only if the university closes will I not hold class.

Meaning I'll be holding class, because the university almost never closes.

And then lashing Frankie and Tikka to a sled to take me home.

I should arrive at my front door sometime before June.






Yesterday was fine.

Went to my classes, did what I was supposed to do.

But my heart wasn't in it, if I'm to be honest. 

Stephen brought me home at 2.30, much earlier than I'm ever home during the week.

Easing back into the swing of things seems to be a good strategy for me.

Em was home, so we watched cooking shows on the Food Network for a little while, before I made supper.

Tuesdays are Stephen's busiest day, as he teaches until 10.00 pm.  He came home at 5.30  and supper was ready and on the table.

Such a June Cleaver moment for me!

All I needed were my heels and pearls.

Although, if Stephen came home to me wearing a dress with an apron, heels and pearls adorning my Rubenesque physique, I think he'd commit me.






Last week I had to go through old pictures of our family for Kat's memorial.

I wanted pictures of her looking happy and well.

I didn't anticipate the pleasure those pictures would bring.

Many of them were of Kathryn and Jerry's wedding.

A shot of the Clarke Clan, for example, when my mother was somewhat healthier.




And my hair was somewhat shorter.

But at least is wasn't blonde.

A beautiful ceremony, with a lot of kid participation.

And some interesting pics ensued.

Keep in mind this was eleven years ago: Mer was 10, Keith was 8 1/2, and Em was 6.

Even then, their personalities were shining through.

Emmy the "I-Don't-Want-To-Have-My-Picture-Taken!"



To Emmy-I'll-Smile-Because-Mummy-Is-Making-Me-Laugh



Pookie of the Pillow


However, there was one picture that brought tears of laughter and mirth to my eyes. Em and I were hysterical when we saw this one. . .we laughed so hard we couldn't breathe.

Mer.

The Cool.

The Suave.




In a week of tears, this interlude of laughter went a long, long way.

I have an 8x10 of this picture.

One day, it will come in very, very handy.





I then looked through pictures of mine and Stephen's wedding.

And found this one. 


Another reminder of how fast the kids have grown up and how much I wish I could go back in time.

How lovely my family is.

And how skinny Pookie's become.

I'll have to do something about that.



Title Lyric: Pictures by Ne-Yo

No comments:

Post a Comment