Monday, August 23, 2010

We gon' party like it's yo birthday

August 23, 2010

43 years old today.

I'm not big on birthdays. For the kids, yes, but not for me. I don't have age issues, or anything like that, I just have never been that excited about my birthday.

Emily, on the other hand, is always excited about my birthday. This morning, she came bouncing downstairs with gifts and cards in hand, gifts she had bought with her own money from her own job.

A lovely new wallet and the 10th Sookie Stackhouse book are now mine!

Keith, with no bouncing, hands me a Chapters bag, with apologizes for the gift inside not being wrapped. Inside was the third Steig Larrson book.

Oh my kids know their Mama; they know the direct line to her heart.

Stephen bought me a lovely china cabinet and a wrought iron floor lamp, from Kijiji. Its our new favourite place to shop.

And then, the "icing on the cake" so to speak, was the brunch at the Diplomat paid for by my children.

All in all it was a good birthday for someone who isn't that big on birthdays.











Title Lyrics: In Da Club by 50 Cent

No comments:

Post a Comment