Friday, July 30, 2010

The only thing that stays the same is change

July 30th, 2010

After 5 years living in Ontario, my daughter decided last Saturday that she is moving back to Fredericton.

Okay. No problem.

And then she tells me that she'll be arriving this Saturday.

Okay. A little problem.

When she moved away our four bedroom house became a three bedroom house with a small home office, mostly used by my husband.

The question, then, is where to put my returning child? The solution: with her sister. Her privacy-loving sister.

For how long: one month. We think we have an apartment for September 1. . .we're hoping. . . pending a credit check.

So fear and clear I am clearly not.

The cast of characters:

4 pets: a 13 year old Belgian shepherd; an 18 month old shepherd/rottweiler cross with more issues than People magazine; a 16 year old mackeral tabby; and a grand diva masquerading as a 4 year old long hair tortise shell tabby.

3 kids: two girls and a boy. All young adults with jobs and university and high school.

2 parents: my mother in a nursing home, my father refusing to leave the family homestead.

1 husband: working on his PhD, teaching part time, and still learning the challenges of being a stepfather (did I mention he's my second husband)

People tell me I should write a book. . .maybe one day. For now, this blog will have to suffice.

Title Lyric: Change by Melissa Ethridge

No comments:

Post a Comment