Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I know what you're thinking. . . .

November 2, 2o11


Still home.

Still in more pain than I know what to do with.

I could never forget the unyielding pain of labour, as ever so often I am reminded of exactly what it felt like to have your innards feel like they're becoming your outards.

My film class, my once-a-week film class meets at 2.30 this afternoon, and even if I have to drug myself into almost oblivion, I will be there.

Dirty Harry.

Who wouldn't want to be there???

Plus I can talk about Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry and how this film influenced the development of the cop film genre even if I am in a state of near oblivion.









While not a techno-file, I am always impressed with the advances made in vcr and dvd players, that allowed people the opportunity to watch their favourite films, collect films, find films in almost every corner of the capitalist marketing place, from gas stations and convenience stores to the always enjoyable HMV.

For example, the other day, while in Shopper's Drug Mart loading up on personal lady products, Coke and other sundry items, I spied near the cash a cardboard bin with 2 for $10.00 dvds on the side.

That is ALL the invitation I ever need to step out of line, so to speak, and begin the less-than-ladylike process of rummaging through the bin looking for possible hidden treasures.

And didn't I find one!

The original 1969 Italian Job starring Michael Caine and Noel Howard.

For $5.00.

I was so excited that when it was my turn at the cash I remarked that I couldn't believe there was a copy of this film in a Shopper's dvd bin.

The cashier remarked that "you can find anything at Shopper's" and then asked me if I was Dawne Clarke.

My first response was yes, and then I'm sorry.

Because when people ask that, I never know in what context or what I said to make them remember me.

Apparently, she was a student from many moon ago.

And I had nothing to apologize for.

This time, anyway.




Title Lyric: Don't Speak by No Doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment